Method To Apply

Free & Reduced Meals

Jeffco Food and Nutrition Services believes that access to healthy meals is essential to student success, and some students may qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Jeffco utilizes SchoolCafé for online applications, which are the fastest and easiest way to be approved for meal benefits, but feel free to contact FNS or your school if you would prefer a paper application.

Prior to submitting an application, please review the Annual Family Letters below. Online applications for free or reduced priced meals will be submitted through SchoolCafé.com. Returning users can log in to submit their application for 2020-21 on or after July 1st. First-time users of SchoolCafé will need to create an account . Instructions for creating an account and completing an application are available below.

Remember, families must reapply for free or reduced-price meals every year on or after July 1.

Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT)

What is P-EBT?

Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is a new federal program available to Colorado families whose children attend school districts that implement the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). P-EBT allows families to receive federal funding to purchase supplemental food to combat food insecurity caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. P-EBT provides families a supplemental monetary allotment equal to a free breakfast and lunch at a rate of $5.70/day or up to $279/per eligible child.

Who qualifies for P-EBT?

Families with students who receive free or reduced-price meals and attend a school site that participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) are eligible to receive P-EBT. This also means families not currently eligible for free or reduced-price meals could potentially be eligible for P-EBT benefits depending on household size and income; including families with school-aged children that have recently lost income during the COVID-19 pandemic.

How will P-EBT benefits be issued?

Families who currently participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) are automatically eligible for P-EBT and benefits will be loaded onto existing EBT cards without any action required. Families who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals but do not receive SNAP benefits will be required to apply for P-EBT. The P-EBT application will ask families to provide a state issued student ID (SASID), for their children.

How to View a Student’s State ID / SASID for SNAP in Campus Portal

A student’s State Assigned Student ID, or SASID, is assigned by the Colorado Department of Education. Currently enrolled Jeffco students should be able to access their SASID immediately via the instructions below. Recently enrolled Jeffco students should allow 3 business days before their SASID is available to access via the instructions below.

Please use the following instructions to view a student’s SASID in Campus Portal:

Receiving these benefits will not affect your immigration or public charge status. All families who are eligible for P-EBT may receive it, regardless of immigration status. P-EBT is a pandemic emergency benefit based on free or reduced-price school meal eligibility, and similar to other benefits that the Department Homeland Security has stated that it is excluded from consideration in public charge. Household information that is used to determine eligibility is protected under both federal and state data privacy practices.

Upon approval, an EBT card with the qualifying amount will be mailed to you. To access the P-EBT application visit:

For more information about P-EBT, please visit Colorado Department of Human Services’ Frequently Asked Questions webpage. If you have further questions, please contact and a representative will respond.

If you have other questions or need help, contact Tammy Lundy at (303) 982-6916 or

If you elect to fill out a paper application, please return the completed and signed application to the front office at your school or the Food & Nutrition Office at 809 Quail Street, Building 1, Lakewood, CO 80215.

View 2020-2021 Family Letters:


Español (Spanish)

Русский (Russian)

tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)

How to Create a SchoolCafé Account: 


Español (Spanish)

Русский (Russian)

tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)

How to Apply Online with SchoolCafé :


Español (Spanish)

Русский (Russian)

tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)

Children who qualify for free or reduced priced meals may also qualify for other fee waivers. When completing the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application, families have the option of consenting to the disclosure of the application information to waive school district/program fees.

Please allow at least 10 business days to hear back from the Food & Nutrition Office after submitting an application to allow time for processing.

Formal complaints regarding civil rights violations in relation to Free & Reduced benefits can be filed by filling out this form:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.